- 4 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1⁄3 cup chopped mixed fresh herbs (as flat-leaf parsley, chives, basil and mint)
- Lay 2 sheets of thawed puff pastry on an even work surface. Brush each sheet with beaten egg, then sprinkle 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan and 1/3 cup chopped mixed fresh herbs, such as flat-leaf parsley, chives, basil and mint.
- Top each sheet of pastry with another sheet, gently pressing down. Using a small sharp knife, cut pastry into 2cm-wide strips.
- Using both hands, shape each strip into a twist. For better effect, the twists should be not too perfect and slightly loose, so you can see the herbs. Bake in a pre-heated 210°C oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Serve with drinks or as a snack.