- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets (2 sheets)
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons water
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate piece (OR semi-sweet chocolate chunks)
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- Thaw pastry sheets at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Unfold 1 pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll into approximately 16" square. Mix egg yolks and water. Brush pastry lightly with egg mixture. Cut pastry sheet into sixteen 4"x4" squares. Place 1 teaspoon chocolate and 1 heaping tbls. raspberries in center of each square. Fold over one corner diagonally to form a triangle and press firmly on both edges to seal. Press down along sealed edges with tines of a fork, and prick once in center. Repeat with remaining pastry sheet, chocolate and raspberries. Brush all with remaining egg mixture.
- Place filled pastries among 3 large ungreased or parchment-lined baking sheets. Freeze until firm, about 15 minute Preheat oven to 375°F
- Bake for 15 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve warm, sprinkled with confectioners' sugar.
- Makes 32 pastries.