- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 lbs fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg (beaten with 1 teaspoon water)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- As you're slicing the peaches, save the juice.
- Combine peach juice with sugar and cornstarch in saucepan. Cook until thick and bubbly.
- Add peaches, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cool slightly.
- Lightly roll out each pastry sheet on floured surface.
- Cut each sheet into 4 squares.
- Place some of peach filling on half of each square. Brush edges with beaten egg. Fold over into a triangle (or rectangle) and press to seal edges (or crimp with fork).
- Place on baking sheets.
- Bake at 400º for 10-15 minutes until lightly brown and puffy.
- Cool on racks.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Or frost with a powdered sugar frosting.