- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) cansliced pineapple, drained
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- maraschino cherry, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in iron skillet.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over butter.
- Arrange pineapple slices on top brown sugar/butter.
- Place cherries in center of slices.
- Beat remaining ingredients till well blended.
- Pour over pineapple in skillet and bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and turn onto heat-proof plate.